Rules of the Road
We try to keep rules and regulations to the minimum unless when necessary for the harmony and safety of the individual or group. However we expect the few that we have, should be followed very strictly, failing which we may exclude that particular participant from the rest of the trip.
We do not allow any form of intoxication when on the bike.
Participants are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that preserves their dignity and others around them, including other participants, support staff and locals of the region
We must try and ensure that we maintain the sanctity of the region we are passing through.
If you are under medical treatment we expect you to follow the medical advice very strictly.
We will only be able to accommodate limited number of participants on the ride and this will be done on a first come- first serve basis.
There are only 20 slots on Moto Himalaya 2020.
Moto Himalaya will last over 8 days with roughly 1000 km of riding. The ride will start in the plains and go over some of the highest mountain passes in the world. The riding terrain, altitude and the changes in weather ensure that the physical conditioning of the rider is tested immensely.
Fitness in such a setting can go a long way and we recommend regular training leading up to the ride. Try out the simple 5 and 50 test- start with 50 push-ups and run 5kms. Measure your timing, we have found these to be a good indication
Under 30 mins - Very good
30-40 minutes- Good
40-50 minutes - Average
50+ - needs work
How do I register?
We will only be able to accommodate limited number of participants on the ride and this will be done on a first come - first serve basis. Single Occupancy Room: $ 1800
The candidate is confirmed only after their name appears on the Royal Enfield website, after payment is made and due documents are processed. Further to this, there will be a gear and motorcycle scrutiny conducted one day before the ride which is mandatory.
You can pay online using your Credit card.
Documents required for Moto Himalaya 2020
1) Scan of Passport size photograph
3) Scan Copy of Indemnity Bond
4) Scan Copy of Your valid Driving License
5) Scan Copy of High Risk Mediclaim Policy which is valid in India and should be valid for the duration of the trip.
6) A photocopy of your passport (first, last page & all the pages with Valid & expired visa stamps)
Riders should have a valid driving license permitted to ride a geared motorcycle in his/her domestic country.
International Driving Permit
Riders should have a valid driving license in his/her domestic country and get an International Driving Permit from the concerned authority in your domestic country.
Personal Medical Insurance
Personal Medical Insurance (Mediclaim) is mandatory and should be valid in the country the ride is taking place in and should be valid for the duration of the trip. A medical insurance which covers hospitalisation in case of accidents in India is a mandate.
Passports are a mandatory for the duration of the trip and will have to be carried on yourselves. We insist that the passport is valid more than 6 months from the last date of the ride.
A valid visa to India needs to be carried at all times
Cancellation or Curtailment
There is a lot of advance planning that goes into this trip and based on a participant's confirmation, others might have to be turned down and hence, we will not be in a position to refund the registration amount if you wish to not participate.
In the event of the cancellation or postponement of the ride due to logistics, Royal Enfield shall refund only the registration amount to the participant and not any other expenses incurred by the participant.
You would need to book your air tickets from your place of boarding as per the following schedule :
1. Delhi to Leh : 9th August
2. Return from Leh to Delhi : 17th August or later
Please write back to us in case of any doubts before you book your tickets.
We will arrange for your airport transfer for the following :
1. Arrival in Leh - Airport to Hotel transfer on 9th August
2. Return from Leh - Hotel to Leh Airport transfer on 17th August
Due to the remoteness of the region we will be riding in, our accommodation options are fairly basic, but comfortable and hygienic. The participants can choose between a single/twin occupancy room. We will have a small team of support staff to help us during this ride.
Bike & Fuel
We will be using Rented Royal Enfield Himalayans for the tour. You can read more about the bike here. Fuel for the distance of the ride is included in the registration cost. Any damage to the bike on the ride will have to be borne by the participant.
You can bring in all your electronic equipments / cameras suitable for the ride. We would discourage the usage of drones since these are legally prohibited by the Government.
The adventure that we are about to embark upon will require us to be well rested. The ride will start from Leh which is at 3500m / 11,000 ft above sea level and will go upto 5350m / 18,300 ft. We will need to spend time to acclimatise well in the first couple of days at this altitude before we head further up. Here are some of the things we'll need to do that will aid us in our acclimatisation.
● Rest well and keep hydrated
● Refrain from consuming any alcoholic drinks especially in the first 4 days
● Refrain from indulging in any strenuous physical activity. A short walk around the main market is fine and will help in getting used to the altitude
Riding in India
● Left hand riding
● Alertness on the road in the mountains is a must to avoid any mishaps
● Hold your Passport, driving license & bike documents on you at all times - highway patrol teams can check these during the ride
● We expect all riders to have good riding skills to adapt to the traffic, terrain and conditions during the ride
Temperatures will range from 5-25 degrees Celsius. In the mountains, it can rain anytime and get wet & windy at certain parts of the route. We strongly advise to carry adequate winter and rain protection with you to protect you and your gear while riding.
Currency & Money Withdrawal
● Indian Rupees (INR) to be carried for your personal expenses on the trip.
● There will be limited places accepting credit cards in India, especially in Leh. We suggest youcarry adequate Indian Currency in advance, since ATM’s in Leh are unreliable.
● Please check if your debit cards are valid to be used internationally
Other Points to Note
● All participants are suggested to carry their thermal layer (while riding) and an extra layer
● India predominantly has Non-Vegetarian food menus limited to Chicken and Fish apart from Vegetarian food - Riders are suggested to be prepared accordingly while on the ride as food options would be limited
● All communication & briefings during the ride would be in English
Means unusual and unforeseeable circumstances which are beyond normal control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised. Such circumstances or events include (but are not limited to) war, or threat of war, riot, civil strike, industrial dispute, unavoidable technical problems with transport, closure or congestion of airports, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, volcanic activity, fire and adverse weather conditions. In the event of any of the above, refunds or compensation cannot be made and Participants will be responsible for providing all their own additional meals, travel and accommodation
For further details please write in to email@example.com