Royal Enfield Royal Enfield Royal Enfield Royal Enfield Royal Enfield

Select Country

Note

We use our own cookies for the use of the site, personalize content and ads and to perform analyses of our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you’ve provided to them or that they’ve collected from your use of their services. If you want to learn more about cookies and opt-out, click the button Privacy and Cookie Policy. If you choose not to agree to the use of cookies all features of the site may not operate as intended.

Carburetor VS Fuel Injection

Hello All,
I WANT TO KNOW WHICH IS BETTER CARBURETOR OR FUEL INJECTION I CONSIDERING THAT SOME COMPANY INSTALLING FUEL INJECTION INSTEAD OF CARBURETOR . LIKE HERO KARIZMA , XTREME , DUKE

REGRADS
ABHISHEK

Abhishek Chauhan Gear and accessories
Posted 9 years ago

Hello All,
I WANT TO KNOW WHICH IS BETTER CARBURETOR OR FUEL INJECTION I CONSIDERING THAT SOME COMPANY INSTALLING FUEL INJECTION INSTEAD OF CARBURETOR . LIKE HERO KARIZMA , XTREME , DUKE

REGRADS
ABHISHEK

Both have their pros and cons. Pain and simple thumb rule is, in case or RE stick to CARB, for rest all brands get FI. When you increase or decrease throttle, fuel and air mixture going into the engine needs to change in order to increase or decrease power. In CaRB, this is done mechanically and in FI there are electronic sensors to do this. Hence FI gives better fuel effeciency and throttle response is quicker. However FI chips need to be remapped in case you need to do any changes to this predefined mixure values. That can be done only in service centers as of now. If you are on long ride out of city and FI goes down then you are stuck as local mechanics would be of no help here, but if you have CARB then local mechanics can help you in rectifying the issue.

Some what karanjikar is right.But we have to adopt technology.In 4wheelers MPFI engines are trouble free when compare with carb engines moreover they have fuel efficiency.Like wise two wheelers now a days fitted with EFI system which are able to climb 12000 feet altitude easly where carb engines fail.EFI fitted engines are controled by ECU which is pre programmed to response to the sensors which gather information from various parts of the engine.A rider can easly diognise the problem by means MIL blinking frequency to which sensor is malfunctioning.In 2015 models of RE bulls(EFI) using updated software which is suitable to indian atmosphere conditions.Ofcourse we can remap the parameteres as per the rider needs by means of installng aftermarket ECU (Bangallor based )with out the help of RE servicing stations.No doubt EFI technology is outsatnding when compare with carb

carburetor has the simplicity to get serviced by any basic mechanic.. but for an EFI one doesnt need a mechanic itself it needs few gadgets to rectify it.. a carb has many moving parts.. compared it to an EFI which has none at all.. though making it maintenance free.. for a carb you have to see a mechanic.. but since EFI is all electronically automatic you can diagnose it by understanding the MIL sensor codes by urself.. if there is some problem with EFI you can check your sensor and fuses.. EFI has better power delivery.. more mileage.. lesser fuel consumption.. low pollution making it BSIV BSV compliant.. but one has to understand that EFI needs special pampering compared to a Carb..

The only issue with EFI is that the quality of fuel needs to be good. Low quality fuel especially if it is adulterated will cause issues with the FI. Saying this with experience since I own a Classic 500. Other than that no issues. FI is anytime better than carb.