Lodging and boarding arrangements on a Twin sharing basis. Breakfast and Dinner is included at all locations with exceptions as stated below :
Day 0 (28th September): Dinner
Day 1 (29th September): Breakfast - Dinner
Day 2 (30th September): Breakfast
Day 3 (1st October): Breakfast - Dinner
Day 4 (2nd October): Breakfast - Dinner
Day 5 (3rd October): Breakfast - Dinner
Day 6 (4th October): Breakfast - Dinner
Day 7 (5th October): Breakfast - Dinner
Day 8 (6th October): Breakfast - Dinner
Day 9 (7th October): Breakfast
Day 10 (8th October): Breakfast
Day 11 (9th October): Breakfast - Dinner
Day 12 (10th October): Breakfast - Dinner
Day 13 (11th October): Breakfast
Tour Of North East 2019 will commence from the following address:
The Hotel Lily, G.S. Road, Six Mile, Opp. Directorate Of Agriculture Office,
Khanapara, Guwahati, Assam - 781022 Phone No: +91 361 7150001
Service Back-Up – we will have a mechanic travelling along with some basic spares. If needed, parts may be replaced and the rider will be charged for the same. We will do our best to help with the motorcycle, but each rider is responsible for bringing their motorcycle home. Therefore, motorcycle preparation is very crucial and the scrutiny will be thorough. We will guide you in both.
REGISTRATION AND CANCELLATION
There are only a limited number of participants (30 participants) allowed on the ride. Royal Enfield reserves the right to decline any registration at their discretion. The candidate is confirmed only after his/her name appears on the Royal Enfield website after payment is made and due documents are processed. Further to this, there will be a gear, motorcycle and document scrutiny conducted one day before the ride which is mandatory. Registrations once confirmed, will be non-refundable and non-transferrable.
PREPARING YOUR RIDE
● Get your motorcycle serviced well in advance. Do not wait to get it done at the last minute.
● At ground level, the most important things are the tyres and the wheels. Ensure that you have adequate tread on them. We recommend you start the ride with a brand new set of tubes; you are less likely to face punctures. Additionally, get the rims trued, an out-of-shape rim will affect handling.
● Inspect and make sure that your motorcycle has genuine RE parts, especially hubs, spokes, rims and other engine components. We cannot provide support for modified items and in such case you are requested to carry your own spares. We can make arrangements to carry them in the Back-Up Vehicle.
● Check the rear swing-arm bush for play and replace if needed.
● Check the condition of front fork oil seals and replace if needed.
● Check your chain and rear sprocket for wear. If you find that there are less than four notch adjustments or broken teeth, replace your chain and both your sprockets.
● Your motorcycle’s clutch is really crucial for this trip, so make sure that it is in good order and adjusted properly. When you open your clutch cover, also check the primary chain and the adjuster. Do not use any kind of additional insert under the chain adjuster. If the adjuster has reached its limit, replace the primary chain.
● Check the battery and the earthing connections. If you have any history of electrical trouble, be sure that the problem is completely solved.We strongly recommend that no auxiliary lamps be installed on your motorcycle as it may result in the battery getting discharged faster & Meghalaya Govt are strictly against it.
● Check for play in the steering column and replace the ball race bearing if necessary.
● Check all the rubber components like carburettor manifold, fuel lines, air filter manifold etc. for cracks and tears, and replace if in doubt.
● Ensure that the brake shoes are brand new on your motorcycle.
● Check all cables and if found bent or frayed, replace immediately.
● Finally, tighten all the nuts and bolts and if it is found to slip or if the threads are damaged, replace the relevant parts.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
Riders will be responsible for paying for their own fuel, meals and snacks and anything else not listed as included in the package.